Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's Up With Me?

Big news and then big quiet. What's up with that, huh? Well, here's the deal, but to tell it I have to go into some details so bear with me.

Every month "you ladies know who" comes to visit me. She and I are not really good friends at all and lately our relationship is getting worse. She comes to visit more often than she should and she brings friends with her. Anxiety and depression. It used to be that I would have one day of one of these issues and then it would pass. Last month I battled feelings of depression and anxiety for at least three days, and it was not fun. I'm sure I was no fun to be around those few days either.

Fast forward to now. She's back and she's brought her friends with her again. Coming right on the back of committing to adopt the child that I feel sure God meant for us to commit to is messing with my head. I should be happy, right? But, instead I'm feeling anxious and depressed. It's making me doubt the decision we have made and I have to constantly remind myself of how God has worked and that this is definitely His will for us and for Liza. I keep reminding myself of where she will be if we don't bring her into our family. Reminding myself that these feelings WILL pass.

I do believe that the enemy will attack us when we are following the Father's will. I think that some of what is going on with me is just that. I just keep praying for my joy to return and for these feelings to subside. I want to be happy about these new steps we are taking. Won't you pray with me? Next post needs to be much happier than this one.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I will pray for you and your precious Liza!