Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Fam's Fave Recipe

When I saw the McLinky Blog Hop topic for this week I knew had to jump in. I love trying new recipes and if I was gonna swipe some from this Hop I figured I better have one for folks to swipe from me. That's only fair, right?

This is one my whole family loves! And that is saying a lot about this recipe cause Austin is quite possibly the MOST picky almost 13 year old boy on this planet. I mean, seriously, who DOESN'T like cheese?! But, that's not the point. this is about what he WILL eat. This is really very easy to put together, and SO good! Pretty sure it's mostly good for you too. At least that's what I tell myself.

Steamed Chicken Breasts with Scallion-Ginger Sauce
(from the Minimalist Cooks Dinner)
  • 4 chicken breast halves, bone in or out
  • 1/4 trimmed & chopped scallions, white and green parts combined
  • 1 Tbs minced ginger *I use powdered ginger, not minced
  • 1/2 cup grapeseed, corn, or other light oil
  • salt
  • 2 Tbs good soy sauce *if going by notes below in red you will need more. just pour to your taste preference
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
  1. Steam the chicken over simmering water for 6-10 minutes for boneless, 10-15 for bone-in.
  2. Meanwhile, stir together the ginger, oil, scallions, and salt to taste in a bowl. *I add soy sauce to the sauce and make it a bit ahead of time so all the flavors have time to blend with each other
  3. When chicken is done drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil and serve. Pass the scallion-ginger sauce at the table or pour into four small bowls for dipping. *we make it up in separate bowls ahead of time

That's it! I always serve it with Rice and usually pour a little of the sauce onto my rice. Oh SO good!! I usually always make broccoli or asparagus to go with this as well. They just seem to be the best veggies for this dinner.

I hope someone else enjoys this recipe as much as we do. We are actually going to be enjoying it tomorrow. We were supposed to have it tonight....but, oops ADD Mom didn't realize we were out of oil until the scallions were already chopped! Lucky for us they'll keep overnight.

Happy hopping!





MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Shauna said...

This is different. I need different. :) Thanks for sharing.