Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009 Lesson


I was prepared with the kind of candy I thought kids would like, Starburst Gushers and Jelly Lemonheads. Waiting excitedly for all the cute little Trick-or-Treaters to come to my door since my own children had deserted me to go door-to-door with some friends (apparently that's what happens at the preteen/teen stage). I just couldn't wait to Ohh and Ahh over all the little princesses and try to act scared of the little monsters.


Well, guess what? Not ONE little, or big for that matter, T-or-Ter came to my house at all. They were all walking the streets on the other side of my neighborhood. Along with the girls who looked like real Street Walkers, but I won't go there tonight. The point is I bought all that candy that I didn't get to give away to anybody. You know what that means? I'll have to eat it myself*.


So, what lesson did I learn from this?...............
.....................
......................
......................
Next year, buy CHOCOLATE*! :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

we only got 5 kids! apparently a lot of people didn't get many t or ters this year! combo of economy and flu??

Melissa :) said...

Heehee - my vote is chocolate too! :)

We are in the "trick or treat" of all neighborhoods. This is the happening place, I'm telling you! Well, not this year. We couldn't believe it! Hardly anyone handed out candy this year. I wonder what is up...?

Shane said...

Ha Ha! Every year we buy candy and every year we only get the same three children from acrossed the street.