Friday, April 2, 2010

Music and Life: Zephaniah 3:17

Did you know that Zephaniah 3:17 says that the God of the Universe rejoices over us with singing? I have been going through a tough time the past few months and this verse was spoken over me so many times by different people. It was as if the Lord was saying, "Hey, I DO love you and I'm here - even if you don't feel like I am." Every time I would hear this verse it was like I was getting a reassuring hug from my Dad.

I learned that whenever a song would stick around in my head or I would find myself singing something constantly, especially if it's a song that is not a favorite, to begin to listen to what God might be trying to say to me.



This one, by Jimmy Needham, has been running through my head since yesterday and this morning I finally realized that the words are speaking to how I've been feeling the past week. I have been struggling with feeling like I just don't care sometimes, like my joy is fading away. I know that I love God and believe that Jesus is my Savior, but sometimes it feels like I have to work at keeping myself in a right place. And, of course then I can fall into feeling guilty.

But, then I started really paying attention to the song that had been running through my head for the past day and a half. I realized that this is the song that He is singing over me right now and he wants me to know that I'm forgiven, loved, and free. Even when it feels like "my joy has been on holiday and my peace has almost passed away", He is still here and He still loves me. I am so glad!

No comments: