Saturday, October 2, 2010

More Reece's Rainbow Cuties

I have been thinking a lot about all the kiddos that we will be leaving behind once we bring Liza home with us in a few weeks. I really wish we could adopt more than one! Before we left I signed up to be a Christmas Warrior, just like last year and was assigned Evan. By the way, the little one I prayed for last year, Claire, has a family committed to her now! Yay! Praying I can say the same for Evan soon.
Isn't he CUTE?!
Here's the info RR has on him: 
Boy, Born June 5, 2008

Evan recently transferred to this baby house. He was born with a heart defect, but was blessed to already have surgery and is doing great now! He is so young, and all three of these little boys could be adopted together!
From one of our adoptive families who visited with him in May 2010: " Evan would give us a big smile when we would touch his hand. He loved for us to just hold him and would cry if we put him down. He sits by himself and is trying to crawl. He can scoot to get to where he wants to go" .

He has $1090 in his fund right now, and I would love to see that go up during this Angel Tree season. I know how a grant can help these kids find a family I've seen in happen over and over. There ARE families out there who would love to parent these children and only need the funds to make this desire a reality. Even if you can't adopt you can know that you're gift would help to place a child in a family. Then you are living out James 1:27 and making Psalm 68:6 a reality, and I don't know about you, but I am in awe that God would allow us to be a part of doing that kind of work. He is a good God!

Then there's Tori.
Some friends of mine really love her and desire to see her saved from the life she's living now. And YES, I say saved because if you knew what it was really like for her you would understand that her being adopted would be saving her life. Go and read what Stephanie has to say about her and about life in an institution. Then join in the fundraiser that she is running to raise money for Tori's grant. She is giving away an Ipod to one lucky person who donates. But, the biggest reward here would be knowing that you helped to place Tori in a family.

There's also Miss Alina:
How cute is she?! Poor sweet baby. She needs a Mama who will adore her. I know there has to be someone out there who has been looking for Alina, just like she's been waiting for her Mama and Papa to come. She only has $370 in her grant. Please help Alina to be placed in a family.

And of course I could not leave out my buddy Maxim.

I really need someone to adopt him who I can go and visit cause I just love this little guy! But, even if you live on the West coast and you love Maxim too, please take a chance on him. He deserves it! Besides, I am NOT afraid to get on a plane or drive across the country to see him, and you of course ;o)

3 comments:

Jill said...

They are all so beautiful! Thanks for posting about Tori's fundraiser. She has been very heavy on my heart too!

Cathy Bachman said...

Melissa, just checking on you. You were on my heart all through the middle of the night here so covered your day in prayer and am looking to see how you are doing. Email me if you want to, I will be anxious to hear from you. Love cathy

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

please put Alina in your suitcase and bring her home to me! :) That sweet face just gets me so much! :) Praying for them all :)