Friday, September 2, 2011

One Year Ago Today: A Special Date


*This was my post last year on this date. Little did I know then that there was going to be one more big mountain to fell. Praise God we did move that last mountain and now the most beautiful blessing to ever come out of Ukraine is sleeping beside me as I type this.* 


Nope, not the kind of date where Rickydoodle and I get all dolled up and go out on the town. Is it called "dolled up" if I'm talking about Ricky? Probably not... don't tell him I said that....

Anyway! This special date is September 30th 9AM. Not 9AM our time, it will actually be 2AM our time or 11PM on the 29th if you're on the West coast. But, don't worry about all that cause what really matters is that at.........................

9AM LIZA'S TIME on the 30th we will finally be getting the official referral from her country to adopt her!!! Hallelujah!

Woo hooo!!!!! How excited am I?! I want to pack right now and buy plane tickets, go over there and just camp out outside the offices where we get this referral. I don't know how I will make it the next 3 weeks until it's really time to go. I guess I'll have to find ways to stay bus. Oh, I can NOT wait to hold her!!

Isn't she a doll?! 
Liza: "Mom? You comin' yet?"

Me: "Yes! Baby girl I am ON MY WAY!!"


*So far these posts have probably been a little boring, but there was a lot of our trip last year that got left out. Like the guy who sat beside me on one of the flights and..... well, let's just say I was wishing for nose plugs. And the famous American and his "entourage" that walked into the coffee house we were sitting in in Kiev, the one day I left the camera in the apartment. And the little girl that almost became our daughter.*

No comments: